Saturday, September 19, 2009

Two Ways

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." – Albert Einstein



During a run Saturday evening, while feeling great about life, but not so great about my run, I glanced down. Against my running coach's advice to look forward as the body follows the eyes; I nearly tripped over my own two feet when I saw on the pavement before me, in dull pink chalk “Great Job.” And within the next few steps “Keep Going” and “go go go” a few more later. It was literally like the Universe was cheering me along in my last mile back towards my apartment along the Hudson River.

Perhaps a year ago I would think nothing much of the dull chalked words, perhaps a year ago I wouldn’t have looked down and seen them, perhaps a year ago I wouldn’t have gone for a run after a long day of class on Saturday. Yet never the less here I am almost a year deep into my spiritual practice learning one day at a time, reminding myself one moment at a time that everything truly is a miracle. Those few words written below my steps made me so happy, so full of joy, so excited! And why not?

In making the decision, having a desire greater than myself to live a happy life I now choose to see all things, big and small, as miracles. Blessings in my life that I can look to, look for, that help remind me of a power greater than myself. A power that wants me to be happy, wants me to strive and succeed and to do what I love. And I love to run! I feel sexy when I do it, it gives me clarity and not to mention a great workout. I get outside my apartment and more importantly outside my head. Listening to music working with the energy of an amazing city. That’s what really gets me going. For others it may be dancing, walking, singing, writing, whatever it may be… do it!

We were all put here on this earth to do what we love, believe that, because when you do what you love, you feel soo good, don’t you? That good feeling should be confirmation enough that yes, this is right, this is exactly where you are supposed to be!!…and some times, miracles may appear up, down and around.. you just have to look.